HAVING A REUNION
Organize a great reunion easily (and inexpensively) by drawing on us for help. We can provide:
- address lists of classmates from our database, plus mailing labels and return labels with the Mepham logo.
- guidance in finding your missing classmates utilizing our database for siblings, our "Missing Classmates" lists on our web site, and guidance in using the Internet to find people
- guide to organizing a reunion with sample letters. Pirate clipart too!
- publicity on our web site and publications.
- cash advance loan to help with printing and postage costs of your first mailing.
The value of multiple activities:
Recently one of our reunion organizers wrote to us and said, "Of the 222 located for our 40th reunion about 70 classmates attended the dinner dance with wives, etc. I noted, however, that 170 attended at least one [of the several functions: dinner dance, golf, cocktail party, pool party, and breakfast-tour at Mepham]. I had the photographs and counted the faces. All in all, it was a success and I intend to repeat the action."
Many Mepham classes have planned a reunion weekend to include some of the following in addition to the dinner/dance:
- Friday night get together at local pub/hotel/classmate's house
- Reunion booklet with addresses, photos, and bios
- Displays of memorabilia
- Coordination of reunion with Homecoming Weekend or Bellmore Street Festival
- Breakfast or brunch at Mepham and tour of the school
- Caravan down to Jones Beach and lunch at the Boardwalk Restaurant
- Visit the Castles in the Sand Museum at Jones Beach
- Alumni Choir appearance
- Sunday picnic at a local park
- Tour of Bellmore/Merrick
- Mepham souvenir T-shirts, pirate pins, caps, mugs, sweat shirts sold by Mepham PTA, sports boosters, or classes. (see web site)
For information on how to run a Mepham High School reunion look at our How to Plan a Reunion
or contact our Reunions Chairman or webmaster:
1491 Carroll St, Wantagh NY 11793
75 Weaving Lane, Wantagh, NY 11793